Day 7             Thursday August 27

We left Playter Harbour at 9:15 this morning, motoring south directly into the wind. There is a park stretching along this shore: Pukaskwa National Park. At around 12:30 we had trouble with the engine once again. Rod added some alcohol to the fuel and this corrected the problem, nevertheless we stopped short and anchored in Oiseau Bay at ~3:00. Covered 12 nm today. Oiseau Bay is another beautiful spot with a beach of fine, soft sand at the east side. We rowed to the beach and went for a swim.

oiseau.jpg (56156 bytes)
INO anchored in Oiseau Bay.

Day 8             Friday August 28

The winds were westerly and it was a bumpy night, gusty winds with thunderstorms rolling through. At 9:00 in the morning we moved to a slightly more protected spot in Oiseau Bay. Forecast was for 1-2 metre waves and winds 20-25 knots. Not impossible but uncomfortable so we stayed in Oiseau Bay.

Day 9             Saturday August 29

Another bumpy, rolling night. The forecast this morning was for NW winds 20-25 knots and 2 metre waves. We waited until noon then weighed anchor and headed out. The waves were pretty high so we turned around and anchored again in Oiseau Bay.

arrow.gif (104 bytes) Previous    Map    Next arrow2.gif (108 bytes)